Heart & Stroke, in partnership with the CIHR Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health, and Hypertension Canada, is pleased to announce the results of the Chair in Hypertension Prevention and Control initiative. Congratulations to Dr. Janusz Kaczorowski!
The mandate of the Chair is to optimize the generation and application of knowledge to improve awareness, prevention and control of hypertension. This will be achieved by interacting and engaging with international partners, federal and provincial health care agencies, the food industry, health care providers, and the community at large. The Chair will interact with and enhance current Canadian programs, identify current gaps in hypertension prevention and control, and develop new policies, programs and interventions as necessary.
The chair in the area of hypertension research will focus on:
- Improving awareness, prevention and control of hypertension;
- Identifying gaps in Knowledge Translation and Exchange, and knowledge translation (KT) from evidence to practice for hypertension prevention and control;
- Developing and evaluating new policies, programs and interventions aimed at reducing the burden and/or impact of hypertension;
- Participating in mentoring and involving trainees; and,
- Developing a research and policy program that will have strong potential to have a substantial impact on policy and/or the lives of many persons with hypertension within a 5-year time frame.