The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario is continuing to offer a limited number of Master's Studentship awards to highly qualified candidates who have completed or are in the last year of a Baccalaureate degree. Candidates will undertake full-time training in cardiovascular/cerebrovascular research under an identified academic supervisor. Please note that graduates possessing a medical degree must apply to the national HSF Fellowship program. Candidates must not hold another major award concurrently. The awardee may not have held a prior faculty appointment.
- Master's studentships are tenable at Ontario universities to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents of Canada studying in Ontario who have achieved a minimum of 80% on course work completed in the last two years of study.
- Each award is granted for up to two years. The award will normally commence on July 1 (but no later than January 1 of the following year), and run for 12 consecutive months. This will include reasonable holiday time by arrangement with the supervisor.
- Awards will take effect only after the recipient has registered full-time in an eligible (i.e., relevant to cardiovascular/cerebrovascular research) Master's program. A statement of acceptance of the student into a graduate program must be forwarded to the Foundation by the university.
Time-Line for Master’s Studentship in 2007/2008
- Deadline for applications received by university - To be set by institution
- Deadline for applications received by HSFO - April 15 @ 4:00pm (If the deadline falls on a weekend the applications must be received on the previous Friday @ 4:00pm)
- Notification of funding decisions - May 15
- Acceptance of award - June 1
- Commencement date - July 1
- Progress Report due - April 30 of the following year
The following document is available as a MS Word document or as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file. Please note that to access the PDF file you will need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. Please visit the AdobeSystems Incorporated site to obtain your free copy.
Please view the following document for further information on the 2007/2008 competition:
- Terms of Reference
The following forms are available as a MS Word document or as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file. Please note that to access the PDF file you will need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. Please visit the AdobeSystems Incorporated site to obtain your free copy.
Application/Data Information (MS Word or PDF)
Institution and department ranking forms (MS Word or PDF)
Assessment of Candidate by Referee (MS Word or PDF)
Annual Progress Report (MS Word or PDF)
For more details please contact:
Paul Martin, Associate Manager Research Administration
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Tel: (416) 489-7111 Ext. 403
Fax: (416) 489-7003