The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and the CIHR Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health are partnering on this Request for Applications with the objective of supporting a Chair in the area of hypertension research who will focus on:
- improving awareness, prevention and control of hypertension;
- identifying gaps in Knowledge Transfer and Exchange / Knowledge Translation from evidence to practice for hypertension prevention and control; and
- developing and evaluating new policies, programs and interventions aimed at reducing the burden and/or impact of hypertension.
The funding partners wish to solicit proposals from candidates for a HSFC / CIHR Chair in Hypertension Prevention and Control who have the potential to address Knowledge Transfer and Exchange / Knowledge Translation and knowledge gaps in this critical area.
- August 4, 2010 - Launch of Request for Applications
- November 1, 2010 - Letters of Intent due
- December 15, 2010 - Notification of Letter of Intent stage, and Invitations for full applications
- April 1, 2011 - Full applications due
- End of June 2011 - Announcement of funding decisions
- July 1, 2011 - Anticipated start date
- Five years - Duration of award
- Funding available - The total amount available for this initiative is $750,000. The maximum amount per year: $100,000 for salary support and $50,000 for operational expenses (primarily travel and research expenses).
To apply, please see the following documents:
- Request for Applications PDF
- Guidelines for Strategic Research Initiatives PDF
- Knowledge Transfer and Exchange Guide PDF
- Letter of Intent Form Word PDF
- Consent Form Word PDF
- Full application form Word PDF
For more information, please contact:
Information/Project Coordinator, Strategic Research Initiatives
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
613 569 4361 ext. 268